SKIN PEELS AND WHY OUR NON-INVASIVE VERSION IS THE WAY TO GO THIS WINTER
Peels, or variations thereof, has taken the health and skin care industry by storm. What used to only be accessible to the rich and famous has become something that is available in almost every second salon or spa along with many at-home options.
Why do people undergo resurfacing treatments?
- Reduce fine lines
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and ageing
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the general skin condition eg. improved skin colour and texture
With so many different peeling methods, what makes the TheraVine™ Intensive Exfoliating Facial different?
- The TheraVine™ Intensive Exfoliating Facial is a 70% Glycolic Acid peeling treatment for mature, sun damaged, wrinkled skins or any form of facial scarring using a natural fruit acid – the safer alternative to harsh chemical peels or resurfacing treatments. Depending on the desired results, a course of 6 peels is recommended. Monthly maintenance treatments are recommended to extend results.
Did you know?
Glycolic acid is part of a group of naturally occurring acids. Glycolic acid 70% is the smallest molecule in the AHA class, derived from sugar cane or grape fruit and penetrates the skin more effectively than any other AHA.
Peeling Systems: percentage in relation to pH
- A Glycolic Acid at 30% solution has a likely pH value of around 5
- It will not be as effective as a Glycolic Acid at 10% with a pH of 1.7 for instance
- The lower the pH, the more effective the Glycolic or acid but more care needs to be taken
Pharmaceutical regulatory bodies have set the lowest and accepted pH because it was observed that UNBUFFERED high percentage solutions applied to the skin had disastrous results.
TheraVine™’s Glycolic Acid 70% concentration
- Buffered at pH3
- Most favourable penetration
- Minimum irritation
The type of Glycolic Acid has a more comforting feel than most other ranges – but with the same effect. This means that you experience little or no stinging/burning sensation.
Who is a suitable candidate for the TheraVine™ Intensive Exfoliating Facial?
- Mature skin types treating lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
- Problematic skin types
What results can I expect from a course of the TheraVine™ Intensive Exfoliating Facial?
- Increased radiance and vitality
- Decrease in pigmentation and fewer irregularities
- Improved skin firmness and tone
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Improvement in skin moisture levels