Give your customers something to smile about.
Let's face it: one of the first things you notice about people is their smile.
When you meet someone with a bright, natural smile, it catches your attention.
Until recently, teeth whitening options have been limited to expensive in-chair dental whitening procedures. They were time consuming, complicated and many used messy take home whitening kits.
- In a recent survey by NZ Next Magazine, teeth whitening ranked #1 on the consumer’s wish list, ahead of any other cosmetic procedure.
- Teeth whitening is now the fastest growing segment within the health and beauty industry.
Similar to in-chair dentist whitening, Cosmetic Bright utilizes light curing technology to speed up the whitening process and produce instant, lasting and professional results, without the expensive price tag!
As time is often a problem for clients, they can now combine the Cosmetic Bright whitening treatment with a wax, manicure or hair colour, all in the comfort of their pharmacy or salon.
NZ Next Magazine: Health & Wellbeing Survey February 2006 (5,000 participants).
In the survey:
- 41% of respondents said they would like to look better
- 19% are okay about some things and not others
- One in 10 have had cosmetic surgery – up 4% from 2005 results.
- Teeth whitening was the top of the cosmetic procedure ‘wish list’(70%)
Comparing the Options
Dentists use 35%+ hydrogen peroxide. The treatment takes approx 1.5 hours with about half this time masking off and preparing the gums and lips due to the extreme strength of hydrogen peroxide. The actual treatment is quite painful and a lot of people have to stop half way through. Examples of dental laser whiting include Britesmile & Zoom.
- Expensive - $1,000+
- Clinical (after all - who wants to go to the dentist!)
- Invasive & painful
Dentists will claim their system lasts for years, but what they fail to mention is that after they make a mould of your teeth you need to maintain the whiteness with a fortnightly to monthly gel applied inside the mould.
Take home Whitening Kits:
The market is flooded with take Home Whitening Kits. They are generally messy and require treatment daily over extended periods of time (weeks & sometimes months). They can also be quite complicated and often don’t give the results they claim.
- Comparatively expensive
- Time consuming / messy / complicated
- Varied results
- Non professional perception
When a customer buys a take home whitening kit that’s very likely the last time you see them. Most people don’t see the entire treatment through, start off keen than after a few days toss aside.