30 minutes incubation time need without oclusion
Unit is for one use. The ALA comes with the solution which is a small amount of powder in a small vial and the solvent which is mixed into the solution to activate
Unlike tubes of cream which once opened must be used within a few days and is very expensive; with this form of ALA, activation is not until ready for use. Therefore when it is not activated, it has a long shelf life.
PDT is a non surgical and minimally invasive treatment which is primarily used for advanced Acne (grades 3 to 5) and sun damage. PDT has been shown to be extremely successful both therapeutically and cosmetically, even for severe Acne.
During the treatment a medication called 5-ALA (Topical 5 - Aminolevulinic Acid) is applied to the skin for a specified time. The ALA is selectively absorbed only by abnormal skin cells and bacteria. The skin is then exposed to an Intense Pulsed Light which activates the 5-ALA. This results in destruction of the abnormal cells which are in turn, replaced by normal skin cells.
• 3 to 4 treatments minimum (fortnightly to monthly)
• all treatments include microdermabrasion which may be performed on the same day as the PDT or up to 1 week prior
• avoid any sun exposure whatsoever for 48 hours post treatment
• anti-oxidant, soothing moisturiser
• maintain sun protection *results are enhanced by using active skin care cosmeceuticals
• Roaccutane in the last 2 months
• redness, swelling and tingling (similar to mild sunburn for up to 3 days post treatment)
• inflammation and flaking or crusting of skin for up to 10 days
Skinspots Skin Cancer Clinic
We did our first 5 ALA patient last Friday, and was very impressed with the result. We did a patients face and hands one half with the 5 Ala and the other half with Metvix and there was a very obvious difference. The 5 ALA had a much better response.
We would very much like to continue using your product for our PDT treatments.