Melasma is a skin problem which causes brown to grey-brown spots, usually occurring on the
cheeks, bridge of the nose, forehead, chin and upper lip. It can occur on areas of the body that
are exposed to the sun, like forearms and neck.
Melasma targets women more than men. Almost 90% of people with melasma are women. Also,
based on research, people with darker skin are more likely to get melasma. So what causes
Melasma? Sun exposure is one of the reasons as UV light stimulates the melanocytes.
And once the melasma fades out, if the area is exposed to UV light again, melasma will reoccur.
So sun protection is very important when it comes to treating melasma. Another main reason could be
hormonal changes which often happen during pregnancy.
Taking birth control pills over a long period will also cause melasma, so when you see the first signs of skin discoloration stop taking them.
The last main reasons for occurrence of melasma are injury or trauma to the area or inflammation of any kind, including the use of a wrong skincare product - e.g. highly fragranced or highly acidic products over long use can irritate your skin causing discoloration to worsen and eventually leading to Melasma.
The programme is specifically designed for the treatment of chloasma, freckles, pigmentation and
uneven skin tone.
Melatocin Essence can inhibit melanin production effectively and has a significant effect in the treatment of melasma. For most effective results, it is recommended that this treatment be performed after a Mango Enzyme or Papin Enzyme treatment.
(i) Make sure there is NO BLEEDING during this treatment.
(ii) Steps 1 & 2 must be done to remove all traces of numbing crème used
1. Apply numbing cream for 10 to 15 minutes (optional). If no numbing cream is used, follow on from Step 3
2. Cleanse the numbing cream off the skin thoroughly to avoid risks of unnecessary inflammation
3. Syringe out and apply the Melatocin Essence starting with the affected areas
4. If using Micro-needling make sure your depth is not more than 0.3mm to 0.5mm, as you only
need to penetrate this into the basal layer. Use 1 pass only on the entire face and 2 passes on
the affected areas
If using a Q-Switch Laser, use G-Mode (3 passes) while reapplying Melatocin as it penetrates. Use PTP Mode (1 pass) only on affected areas
5. Apply Collagen or Vit-K masque and green or yellow LED for 10 mins. until all absorption is complete
6. Finish with Vit-E with Sunscreen during daytime or Lightening & Brightening crème if no sun and advise client to only wash next morning and continue with sunscreen daily