- Clean the area to be waxed with Bodytreats Pre Wax Prep.
- Baby powder may be applied sparingly to the area to be waxed.
- The wax should be heated to a thick consistency that stays on the spatula with out running off before it is applied to the skin.
- Spread the wax evenly approx 2mm to 3mm in thickness over the skin in the direction of the hair growth, leaving a thicker edge where the wax will be removed.
- When the wax is semi- dry, use your hand / finger to press the wax firmly on the surface of the skin.
- Support the skin and grasp the thicker edge of the wax flick up slightly then remove quickly against the hair growth.
- Apply After Wax Oil.
How to use the Hot Wax Cubes
Hot wax is spread thickly onto the skin and allowed to dry slightly before it is peeled away. This method pulls hair directly from the roots. The benefits include fewer in-grown hairs, less breakage and therefore longer re-growth periods.
- First you need to heat the wax. When you first open your wax box you will notice the wax is cut into easy to use 4cm cubes. Empty the hot wax cubes into the wax pot and set the dial approximately 4 - 5. The wax will take approximately 20-30 minutes to melt.
- While you are waiting for the wax to melt, clean the area to be waxed with Bodytreats Pre Wax Prep. Spray liberally all over. This will get rid of any oil or sweat on the skin. It will also prevent any bacteria entering the hair follicle and provide the optimum surface to let the wax adhere properly to the skin. This is an important step and one not to be missed if you want an optimum result.
- The hot wax is ready when you dip the spatula into the wax pot and the wax does not run off. It should be a thick, even consistency. Once you have reached the correct temperature the wax is ready for use. Try a test patch like the inside of your wrist before beginning to wax.
- Our hot wax melts just above body temperature so it can be easily applied over the skin. As the wax hardens it traps the hair in the wax so it is removed by the roots when the wax is ripped off.
IMPORTANT: If the wax is too hot it will be too thin and lose its flexibility. This can make the wax snap and turn brittle, so it is important to make sure the wax is at the correct temperature.
- Spread the wax evenly approximately 2mm to 3mm in thickness over the skin in the direction of the hair growth, leaving a thicker edge where the wax will be removed. If you go against the hair it could lead to ingrown hairs.
- When the wax is semi-dry, use your hand/finger to press the wax firmly on the surface of the skin.
- Support the skin and grasp the thicker edge of the wax, flick up slightly then remove quickly against the hair growth.
- It is better to flick the wax off quickly as this will grab more of the hairs and give a better result than if you take off too slowly.
- After you have finished waxing apply Bodytreats After Wax Oil. Spray the oil liberally all over to calm the skin.
- The After Wax Oil will also clean up any sticky after wax residue. The after wax oil contains Vitamin E which is healing and used as an anti-oxidant.
- Once you have finished waxing, your skin will be left feeling soft, smooth and pampered to the touch.
ANOTHER QUICK TIP:
If you have spilt wax onto the floor or benches, we recommend using our citrus wax remover
which will dissolve the wax so it is easy to clean up.
Hot Wax is a great way to keep your skin hair free for weeks at a time.
Our famous Bodytreats Hot Wax Cubes are easy to use, convenient to store, and will give you a Professional waxing result every time.